Finding the perfect crown can be a bit tricky so why not build your own? It’s a lot more fun and can also be a lot cheaper. These crowns were super easy and quick to make and required absolutely no sewing! I’m a novice at arts and crafts and I did it easily and trust me when I say if I can do it then you can do it.
These are perfect for your kids or pets! I don’t have kids yet so I did it for my dogs because I wanted to take cute pictures and I didn’t want to purchase an expensive one online.
To make these crowns all you need is:
- Hot glue gun
- Elastic bands
- Crown template (I just searched for this on Google and picked my favorite ones! When you go to print just select scale to fit so that it prints a big version of the crown.)
- Fun stickers!
- Gather your supplies (I found everything I needed at Joann’s Fabric Store! It was fun going through the aisles and picking out the different materials and stickers I wanted to use.)
- Print out templates:
- I picked these templates to draw onto my foam. If you’re making this for a kid you’ll need to draw the template on the foam about two times side by side).
- Cut out templates:
- Draw the outline of the template on the piece of foam you want to use for the crown.
- Cut out your outline:
- Decorate your outline! Just leave the last point and base area of the crown blank because you are going to glue over this. You can see below how I left the right point/base blank.
- Glue the two sides of your crown together so that the part you left blank is lined up underneath the left point.
- Cut out two holes on both sides of your crown in order to make room for the elastic string. You can use a hole puncher or just a pair of scissors.
- Loop elastic string through one hole.
- Measure how much elastic string you need based on who will be wearing the crown. If you’re making it for you kid just have them try it on to measure.
- Tie the elastic string to both holes.
- It’s time to wear it!
We hope you found this helpful!
Luna, Casper , Milo (Porkchop), and Poppy