These are so yummy and luckily for us the hoomans love making them because they’re healthy for us! They’re one of our absolute favorite snacks! They’re on the softer side and easy for us to chew!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 1/4 cups whole wheat flour (or more – if your dough is too sticky and hard to work with then add more flour)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 carrot (peeled and shredded)
- 1 zucchini (shredded)
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an electric mixing bowl or a blender combine eggs, pumpkin, apple sauce, and peanut butter.
- Gradually add old fashioned oats and flour at a low speed. If dough is still sticky add more flour. If dough is too dry then add more applesauce.
- Add carrot, zucchini, and spinach and continue mixing.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes (optional! our hoomans like to do this to make the dough easier to work with).
- Put flour on your counter so that the dough doesn’t stick and knead the dough on the counter.
- Using a pizza roller roll the dough out.
- Use cookie cutters to cut dough into desired shapes. The hoomans used bone shaped cookie cutters! We got our cookie cutters from Amazon!
- Place dough on a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Bake for 20 minutes (longer if you want them to be harder and more like a biscuit).
- Let cool.
- Bark appétit!
Lots of love,
Luna, Casper , Milo (Porkchop), and Poppy