My dogs are obsessed with these treats! They’re made with bacon, apple, and cheese (the three main food groups…right?).
- 1.5 cups of white flour
- 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg (good protein)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (great for our coat!)
- 1 cup of grated medium cheddar cheese
- 1 large apple grated and peeled (don’t use the pits)
- Sprinkle of dried parsley
- Bacon bits (as much as you want to give us!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix eggs, butter, olive oil, and milk in mixing bowl.
- Add the flours and keep mixing.
- Then add grated apple, cheese, parsley, and bacon bits (you can save a little to sprinkle on top) and mix again.
- Place dough in fridge for 30 minutes (optional but it helps make the dough easier to work with).
- Put flour on your counter so that the dough doesn’t stick.
- Use a pizza roller or your hands to knead the dough.
- Cut dough up into shapes (the hoomans just used a small cup to make circles)
- Place treats on silicone sheet or parchment paper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Time for your furry friend to enjoy!
- Leftovers just seal up in an air-tight container (put in the fridge if you want them to last even longer).