My pups run around a lot and it’s always nice to be able to make them a frozen treat. They love these frozen berry and coconut snacks. I like these too because they’re healthy and very easy to make.
Coconut oil is great for dogs skin and coats, while berries are a nutritional powerhouse for them. They’re rich in B vitamins, copper, folic acid, magnesium, and antioxidants. I like like to use blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. If you have an overweight pup on your hands I recommend using raspberries because they make you feel fuller on smaller amounts of food and calories. If your pup has yellow teeth we recommend adding extra strawberries because strawberries have an enzyme that helps whiten dog’s teeth.
Here’s the ingredients to make these treats:
- 1 cup of blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries (assorted together… you can skip some fruits if you want)
- 1 cup of coconut oil
That’s it! That’s all you need to make these delicious treats!
- Dice up blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries.
- Add berries to coconut oil and mix.
- Pack the mixture in a mini muffin pan or cookie cutters (our hoomans just put them in a mini muffin pan but if you’re feeling fancy~ you can put them in cookie cutters with different shapes).
- Put in freezer for an hour.
- Take out of freezer and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and enjoy!
- To store these just put them in a Tupperware in the freezer.