These are so yummy and luckily for my pups I love making them because they’re healthy! They’re one of their absolute favorite snacks! They’re on the softer side and easy for them to chew!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 1/4 cups whole wheat flour (or more – if your dough is too sticky and hard to work with then add more flour)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 carrot (peeled and shredded)
- 1 zucchini (shredded)
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an electric mixing bowl or a blender combine eggs, pumpkin, apple sauce, and peanut butter.
- Gradually add old fashioned oats and flour at a low speed. If dough is still sticky add more flour. If dough is too dry then add more applesauce.
- Add carrot, zucchini, and spinach and continue mixing.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes (optional! our hoomans like to do this to make the dough easier to work with).
- Put flour on your counter so that the dough doesn’t stick and knead the dough on the counter.
- Using a pizza roller roll the dough out.
- Use cookie cutters to cut dough into desired shapes. The hoomans used bone shaped cookie cutters! We got our cookie cutters from Amazon!
- Place dough on a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Bake for 20 minutes (longer if you want them to be harder and more like a biscuit).
- Let cool.
- Bark appétit!