Hi pals! In honor of November finally being here, I made pumpkin pie and my pups love these. I wanted to share our recipe with you so that your dogs can enjoy it too. I think the best way to celebrate the holidays is with food and if you think so too then this recipe is definitely for you and your doggo(s) .
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup of oatmeal
- 1/4 cup of applesauce
- 4 tablespoons of water
- Can of pumpkin (plain)
- Low fat yogurt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix oatmeal and flour together in a food processor or blender.
- Add applesauce.
- Add water slowly while still mixing (it’s important to do this slowly because you don’t want to add too much or the dough will get to sticky and you’ll have to add more flour).
- Spray muffin baking cups with olive oil cooking spray and place them in muffin pan.
- Spread out a little flour on counter or on some parchment paper and roll dough into circles (flour on the counter will make sure the dough doesn’t stick to the surface).
- Press the balls into the bottom and sides of the muffin tin.
- Press individual circles into bottom and sides of muffin tin.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let crusts cool.
- Remove from the muffin tin.
- Fill each crust with canned pumpkin.
- Top with a dollop of yogurt (this is optional!) (looks so cute because looks like whipped cream).
- Give to your pup to enjoy! We sure did!