Hello! Today we wanted to discuss CBD and why it is used for dogs. CBD is a cannabidiol, which is a compound found in cannabis. It’s important to note that CBD doesn’t contain THC (the compound in marijuana that gives it psychoactive properties). Most CBD products aren’t derived from marijuana but from hemp.
Are there any studies on how CBD affects dogs and what are the benefits of CBD for dogs?
There are no formal studies yet on how CBD affects dogs but many people like to use it on their pets to treat pain, seizures, anxiety, and fight cancer. Some doctors also claim CBD can cause anti-nausea effects, cardiac benefits, and appetite stimulation.
How does CBD interact with the body?
CBD interacts with the body through the endocannabinoid system, which is a series of neurons that run throughout the body. When Cannabinoids enter the body they latch onto receptors located in the central and peripheral nervous system, which help maintain balance in the body and keep the body in a normal and healthy state.
What are the possible side effects of CBD?
- Dry mouth
- Dogs with dry mouth often have an increased thirst.
- Lowered blood pressure
- People often use CBD to treat anxiety in dogs. The calming effect of CBD can also engender drowsiness.
What CBD products are available?
There are tons of CBD products for both dogs and you hoomans. Products include lotions, face masks, edibles, bath bombs, and oils, which is the most popular way of consuming CBD.
There are two primary CBD oils for dogs. One is CBD isolate, which just means it is pure CBD with no additives. The other type is full-spectrum CBD oil, which can include other ingredients that help with anxiety, pain, or other problems.
What should I look for when buying a CBD product?
- Look for organic! This way you can be sure the product contains no pesticides or solvents.
- Make sure the product has little or no THC. As we said before, CBD is a form of medical marijuana that doesn’t have THC, which is the toxic part of marijuana.
- Don’t price shop. More expensive CBD products are often purer, while cheaper CBD products can contain pesticides and solvents.
If you think CBD oil is a good option for your furry friend, then try it and start them off slowly!
We hope you found this helpful!
Lots of love,
Luna, Casper , Milo (Porkchop), and Poppy