Okay so we know these aren’t the prettiest treats we’ve ever made but they’re probably the ones we are most obsessed with! I mean how could we not be? They’re made with bacon, apple, and cheese (the three main food groups…right?). If you want to make yours prettier than ours you can also use cookie cutters to make fun shapes out of the dough!
- 1.5 cups of white flour
- 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg (good protein)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (great for our coat!)
- 1 cup of grated medium cheddar cheese
- 1 large apple grated and peeled (don’t use the pits)
- Sprinkle of dried parsley
- Bacon bits (as much as you want to give us!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix eggs, butter, olive oil, and milk in mixing bowl.
- Add the flours and keep mixing.
- Then add grated apple, cheese, parsley, and bacon bits (you can save a little to sprinkle on top) and mix again.
- Place dough in fridge for 30 minutes (optional but it helps make the dough easier to work with).
- Put flour on your counter so that the dough doesn’t stick.
- Use a pizza roller or your hands to knead the dough.
- Cut dough up into shapes (the hoomans used a small cup to make circles and bone shaped cookie cutters).
- Place treats on silicone sheet or parchment paper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Time for your furry friend to enjoy!
- Leftovers just seal up in an air-tight container (put in the fridge if you want them to last even longer).
Lots of love,
Luna, Casper , Porkchop, and Poppy