Super easy jerky! The only ingredient our hoomans use is chicken and we love it.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- Excalibur Food Dehydrator. We got ours through Amazon.
- Prep chicken by slicing into thin pieces. You want this to be less than 1/4″.
- Place sliced meats on the tray(s) and leave room between each piece.
- Set dehydrator at 165 degrees. If you are using an oven then set it to the lowest temperature you can.
- Cook for 4-6 hours if using dehydrator (depends on the size of your meat slices). Cook for 3 hours if using an oven because the temperature will probably be higher. In our batch the chicken was done at 4 hours but we sliced it very thin.
- Check for doneness by making sure meat is dry all the way through, has shrunk, and is darker in color.
Lots of love and happy snacking,
Luna, Casper , Milo (Porkchop), and Poppy